Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Goodies!

So, I don't usually do a lot of baking and such for the holidays, but there are some things I annually make... Fudge is one of them... dipped cookies or pretzels is another. Well, today, I went crazy! First I dipped 2 bags of Oreos in white chocolate and red and green candy melts. Katie wanted a gift to give to some friends, and we thought this was a great idea! Then I decided to make Chex Mix... cheesy ranch Chex mix to be exact. Then there was the fudge... peanut butter fudge, and then of course my favorite chocolate fudge with walnuts!

So, tell me what is your favorite Christmas treat? What do you bake? What do you have to have some the holiday season? Share with me on your blog your favorite holiday recipe.

Here is mine:

Fudge:
6 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 pound powdered sugar
4 tabespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla

Mix all this together in a pot and bring to a boil. Once the color changes to a nice rich chocolate brown, turn it off, and remove from heat. Then you can add a cup of nuts or not... pour into buttered 8x8 or 9x9 pan and chill until set.

Here's a picture I leave with you of my Yummy dipped Oreos, (the fudge is not ready so you'll have to settle for this!) and remember please share your fave recipe and leave a comment here so I know you have done so!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Your oreos look great! I'm so impressed that you've done so much. I'm a "cookie baker" more than anything else. Jim has made two batches of Chex Mix since Tgiving (we just finished off batch #2 tonight). I'll post two favorite cookie recipes on my blog tomorrow. ;)

Janet said...

Those oreo's are gorgeous! They almost look to good to eat! I posted my favorite new recipe.

joybear said...

Pretty and yummy...and once again..your kitties make me laugh!!!

Katie said...

they look delish! i am thinking they would taste good w/ my coffee for breakfast. ;)

Carla said...

Those oreos are yummy....
I need to get the recipe for the chex mix myself.....

Cricket said...

your treats look soooo yummy!! I haven't dipped Oreos in a long time...

hummm...one of my favorite christmas treats are sugar cookies...I'll post the recipe later on today!

smiles,