Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Redneck Clip It Up!!!

OK, so I had really been wanting a Clip it Up, but just could not justify the expense. I saw a couple different people on the net who had made one, and thought, I can do that! One day I went to the thrift store... and Timothy thought I was nuts when I bought an old ugly lampshade and a paper towel holder. Took it all home, ripped apart the lampshade, and painted the paper towel holder white. Then we took all the parts to dad, who helped me put it all together. A few washers and bolt later, I have a very sturdy spinning rack!!! I decided I wanted to get my flowers out where I could see them all, so I spent time today getting it all together! Here is what I ended up with....





12 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that looks so good! I love how you put your flowers on it. You're gonna have to tell me how well it works once you start to actually use it.

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Looks good.

Leslie said...

What a great idea!

La- said...

That is really cool!!! Great idea!

La-

Cathy said...

Woo hooooo girly!!! Spin me around!!!

Carla said...

Linda that is so cute...you did a great job,.

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

Fabulous!

~Holly~ said...

Looks GREAT!!!

JJ Meyer said...

Genius! Woohoo for thrifty! Great idea, thanks for sharing!

SuzyQ said...

That turned out awesome!:yay:

Andrea Cox said...

That looks awesome Linda! Where did you get the lil clips on here from? I really would love to make a couple of these and I never would have thought of going to the thrift shop and breaking things apart like that so you probably just saved me a good bit of money, woot!

daizie said...

that is great! love all those flowers!