Monday, September 04, 2006

My Weekend

My weekend was spent as every weekend is spent... at work. Here is a picture of WakeMed. From this picture you can see the main entrance and part of the Heart Center. WakeMed is the biggest hospital in Wake County, and has the only freestanding Children's ED in the state! Pretty impressive, huh? I like it here. I should hope so, as I have been working there for 17 years. I thought when I first started working there I wouldn't be there long. I was "too good" to work at the "county hospital," and the only reason I worked there at all was because they paid for me to go to school and I had to "pay" them back by working for them for 2 years. I fell in love... I really began to enjoy working there. As the years have gone by, the hospital has grown by leaps and bounds. It's reputation has significantly improved. While we still takes care of the largest number of indigent patients, WakeMed is #1 in Cardiology, Orthopaedics, and several other areas. We just had our JCAHO review a few weeks ago, and I am proud to say we were described as EXCELLENT! So, on any given weekend, this is where you will find me! I have done the weekend shift for over 14 years now, I don't see me changing any time soon!

3 comments:

Creatively Lisa said...

It is so important to love your job. I start mine tomorrow.

Nancy said...

Beautiful Hospital. The time files with work huh? Glad you haev come to love it there!

ErinRagan said...

oh, how neat, Linda. to see where you work and hear all about it!!!

thanks for sharing that little slice of your life with all of us! :)