Thursday, June 21, 2007

My dirt Road...

So, we were talking one day on Scraplovers.com about living on a dirt road... don't much remember the entire conversation, but it got me to thinking.. (dangerous...LOL) I live on a dirt road... for now. I love living in my peace and quiet with no traffic... for now. Why the for now? Well, they are building an Elementary school down the end of my dirt road! Keep in mind on this dirt road there are only 6 houses... and that is stretching it a bit since one doesn't even access his home by this said dirt road! Anyway, I am watching the progress and wanted to share the start of it here! This first picture is before... looking at the end of the road! This was taken sometime in March before anything was done except some surveying... Keep in mind at the end of this road is all woods... I didn't get that so well in the shot.



This next photo was taken tonight! There has been A LOT of progress in less than 3 months of working. Actually the clearing started around May 10, so in just over 1 month... this is what I now see looking at the end of the road....



This is only a part of the area they cleared. Picture a school, 2 soccer fields and at least one baseball field in this area...



So, if you are one that lives on a nice quiet, peaceful dirt road, enjoy it! It may one day be taklen away!!

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Sorry to hear you're losing your quiet country road! But I bet you'll enjoy the pavement! ;)

Creatively Lisa said...

That stinks about the school going up at the end of your street. I love progress photos though. Keep them coming.

Tracey Taylor said...

This seems to happen all too often.