Saturday, June 16, 2007

Blessings Come in all Forms...

Yesterday was a day I had planned to have some ME time... to scrap, and to enjoy the company of some scrapping friends. As fate would have it... those plans changed. Or rather, God had something different in mind for me. Over the past several months, I have been so "noncommittal" when it came to church, and doing anything involving the church. Because of some issues there, I wanted to stay as far away as I could. Fortunately things are improving there and the Spirit of God seems to have taken over again. So, there is a point here... yesterday my church had our first BBQ plate sale (chicken and pork). My intentions were to go get some lunch and then drop the kids at home so I could go crop. Well, we got there at 11, and had lunch a bit later. There were people there I hadn't seen in awhile (also those not commiting due to issues...). My quick lunch turned into about 8 hours of service! We stayed and helped all day. It was such a blessing to me to feel the Spirit of the Lord working in all those people there and most especially in me! It was a great feeling that I still carry today... a feeling of wanting to be more active, of wanting to be around everyone, of wanting to serve God. It is a feeling I hope never leaves me again!

1 comment:

Mackey said...

There are times when the Spirit speaks and we have to listen - when we are open and ready. Obviously yesterday was that time for you! It's a good thing!

NOW....

You have been tagged!!!!

Go read about it here:
http://mackeyscorner.wordpress.com/2007/06/16/random-musings-from-my-mountain/