Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moving Day!

Today Katie left to go to Governor's School. Accompanied by her dad, her Poppy and her Uncle Butch, she moved everything she would need for 6 weeks into her dorm room. It was a sad day for me because I couldn't be there for her when she left, but she knew I was thinking about her and wishing her the best of luck! I *think* she packed enough... here's a photo of her stuff... it had more of an impact before it was in bags and boxes...



The keyboard went as well, along with a refridgerator that was not in the photo, a tennis raquet, and a page long list of "last minute" items! Fortunately she is not too far from home in case she forgot something....

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can only imagine what that dorm room looks like by now! Sorry you couldn't be there when she left. ((( hugs ))))

La- said...

Nice! I am thinking she hardly brought anything! LOL Good for her... I am sure you will miss her for these next few weeks!


La-

joybear said...

(((HUGS))) glad she isn't too far away! Enjoyed catching up on your blog!! Glad to hear you are getting around. That is smokey...hope you guys stay safe. Always enjoy your LOs. Glad you have your very own little handyman now! Love Katie's new cut but my oh my I can't believe how short it is now but it is adorable on her.

Carla said...

AWW miss Katie is gone.......Im sure you are gonna miss her, but you said shes not that far away so thats good.

Cathy said...

Big hugs to you through these weeks without her!!