Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Poor Babies!!!

I did this week the one thing I never thought I would do to a cat. I had the babies declawed. I figured they will not become outside cats, and I cannot have them tearing up my home, so I did it. Didn't have too much time to think about it. I called my Vet at Veterinary Express and was asking about it, and decided to make an appointment. He then and there told me he could pick them up in a bit. Wow.. no time to think, and that was a good thing! I really like Dr. Trey Rogers, he is very caring and is wonderful with all my pets, plus you can't beat that he will come to you!! The babies for this procedure had to go spend the night with the doctor. They came home in less than 24 hours, and he said they are doing wonderful. They have only slept since they got home, and what moving around they have done looks painful. I am feeling a lot of guilt now, but know in the end it will have been worth it. (I hope) Here are some pictures of my poor babies!

The top one is Oliver who by the way weighed in at 12.5 pounds. Garfield on the bottom weighed 9.3 pounds! They look so pitiful... my poor babies!


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwwww! They don't look pitiful, just zonked out. They'll be fine and now you don't have to worry about those claws getting you.

Carla said...

AWWWW they are tired out arent they...poor babies.....they will be fine....done you worry now mom...I did it to my cats too.....just love them and they will forgive you.....

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

Awwww I'm sure your babies will be fine!

joybear said...

Did you do front and back??? Just curious. Our vet talked us into only doing the front because they can still climb "if they NEED to" well, one of ours thinks she needs to climb the door frame all the time and she also loves to jump on our backs so we have been scratched so many times that we have really though of taking her back for the back ones. The other cat is fine. ((HUGS)) don't feel guilty..they will be back to themselves real quick.

Shannon Schafer said...

Poor babies!!! They are so adorable!