Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Quite a Day...

Well well well... for those of you that know me well, you know my biggest "home away from home" for awhile has been on Scraplovers.com. Today that all came crashing to an end. I will no longer associate myself with a place that is so full of itself it does not recognize the truth if it hit them in the face. For weeks now, I have been very unhappy there. Things just weren't "right." I didn't have much of a clue as to what wasn't right, then I decided to test it... I backed off, I stayed away for days on end. Noone mentioned it... noone asked where I had been, noone cared I wasn't doing my job. At the point someone finally asked... I came back around and shot off a PM to Mackey Stanley and Christina the owner. I let them know how unhappy I had been and clued them in on just a few things I could pinpoint... Mackey then responded to me... albeit kindly to me, I did not realize she was just trying to sweet talk me to keep me around... and to sweeten the deal, she included how she REALLY felt about the Design Team on Scraplovers. It was not pretty... but being as naive as I was at the time, I clung to her thoughts and agreed... boy was that a HUGE mistake on my part. Today things came crashing down at Scraplovers when some of the DT announced they were leaving. Me in my "dumbness" thought that they were leaving because they had had their hands smacked... well, I learned a whole new lesson on that score. What shocked me the most was to learn the TRUE character of someone I had befriended and thought of as a close friend. MAckey showed her true colors in bashing the DT members who left, but trying to glorify the ones remaining... little did they know how Mackey TRUELY felt! Once I had seen the true nature of this beast, I quickly began to defend these people who I had wrongly associated with being the problem. I laid all my cards on the table and posted what Mackey had said about them... no I probably shouldn't have aired the dirty laundry like that, but I felt they had a right to know she was lying to their faces. After this happened I was BANNED from Scraplovers... apparently on that site if your views do not mesh with one Mackey Stanley or Christina you are not welcome... others have left because of her. Others will leave because of her. What will Christina be left with? And empty site. Sad too, cause I did ALL my shopping there... so who wants my business now? I refuse to do business with folks who operate the way they have been operating. I will not go into more detail here for the world to see, but if you ask me privately I will tell you.... ALL comments welcome...

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Hey, I have a fantastic site for shopping. My absolute favorite!!!! They always have the latest and greatest stuff in stock, FIRST, I might add. Here's the link...

www.scrapgal.com
by the way, your order always comes to you within 2 DAYS! I little bit more money is worth the service.

P.S. I got banned too!!!! : )

Andrea Cox said...

Aww Linda :( I'm sorry that you got the raw end of a deal with a scrapping site :( That's really sad to hear and I'm really sad to hear that it's coming from ScrapLovers, I've enjoyed that site in the past and recommended it to a few friends too. Did someone give you the new hideout url for those of us from ScrapForums that have went into hiding? If not e-mail me and let me know and I'll get you an invite so you'll have somewhere with familiar faces to chat again :) As for shopping, I have ALWAYS had the best of luck at Rocky Mountain Hobbies and they have a friendly community there too. Hope you can find a new home hon!

Lisa said...

Linda, honey, I know what a crappy day this has been for you. You know I'm here for you in any capacity. We all live and learn, don't we? What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Cherie said...

Yepper! It's been a long day over at Scraplovers....I'm amazed at Christina and Mackey's attitudes - I cannot believe a STORE thinks they can so easily dismiss complaints from customers. I guess it's a GOOD thing Christina opened a REAL store - huh? Wonder how long it will be before she drives customers away from there??

Come on over to www.scrapfreak.com and hang out! The store is still building but I'm sure that the faster we join - the faster the store will grow!

Katie said...

What a rebel...being banned and all! :)
I know this has been a rough two days for you! All the goings on have been quite a disappointment.

Kudos to you for standing up for what you believe in!

Carla said...

YEHHHH its been a long day of all this TALK of that site...whats the name again....ummmm I forgot already,,,,HMMMMMM LOL
Anyways Scrapgal is a great site to buy from as Cathy stated, and I will for sure be checking out scrapfreak.....
On a side note Cathy and I will be out of town cropping with a great group of woman and forgetting about this awful day and relaxing and doing what we love to do!

joybear said...

(((HUGS))) Linda..so sorry about what went down. I can not believe she banned you..oh and I see Cathy, too!? Take care and keep in touch, Joy

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

Linda, I am so sorry that this happened to you! My hat's off to you and Cathy for having the guts to expose Mackey for what she really is! I wondered when people would notice that NONE of the former dt members are active there and question why that is.

Alicia Sharp said...

Linda I so know what you mean. Mackey will get her payback and when Christina looses everything she will realize she should have listened to us earlier. If I can do anything please let me know. I am going to add you to my blog so I can keep in touch with you. Girl I am proud of you for saying the things you said yesterday and having the guts to say them! Cathy and all of them stood up to her. That's what she needed.

Lesley Langdon said...

Hey Linda, you are a caring person and so energentic for the boards. Any forum would love to have you. And PS: I did miss your holiday postings!

KelliBlueFrog said...

found your blog by chance, we must know each other somehow though, I was at scrapforums and also on the dt at scraplovers when it first started. I was 'asked to leave' when I said I couldn't get along with Mackey any more. I've made a home at houseofpaper.com small site, but some awesome sales. I also do the kits at scrapaddict.com great kits there.
Kellibluefrog

Anonymous said...

That Mackey has been a problem at a few sites that I know of. Its a shame that some people don't see her for what she is till its too late.