Monday, October 23, 2006

My latest page...


is actually my favorite page, and not just for the scrapping, the picture is so awesome!
This is my Katie girl, and another of her "self portraits" she is so famous for taking! I edited the picture to make it black and white with the hydrangea in purple. For this page, I was trying to make the picture of course the focal point.. it was printed in 8.5 x11 size. The layout is 12x12. I used Doublemates black cardstock, prima flowers, brads, and doodled. The paint is MM. The title " I can only Imagine" was taken from the song by Mercy Me. Katie is a member of His Hands and Feet Ministry at our church. They learn modern sign language and movement to contemporary Christian songs, and this song was the first they did, and above all our favorite. Thinking of the words... "I can only imagine... what it will be like, when I walk by Your side....I can only imagine what my eyes will see when Your face is before me....I can only imagine." Looking at this picture, I can see her thinking these things, and seeing how engrossed she is with praising God, it makes me the happiest mom in the world!

4 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

I LOVE that photo and LO. Beautiful work. It's nice to know the story behind the photo and the LO.

Mackey said...

This is one of my all time favorie pages of yours Linda and now I love it more because I know all the love and the story behind it! Simply wonderful!

Creatively Lisa said...

Linda this page is wonderful. I love everything about it. Not to mention purple is my favorite color and it is very hard to use when scrapping. You nailed it with this one.

Anonymous said...

this is such a gorgeous lo. I love it!