Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beach Again...

Ever get a "wild hair" so to speak to just go do something? Well, last Sunday while at work, I had this crazy idea that I wanted to go back to the beach. Decided Katie needed a birthday trip! So, on Monday, Katie and I packed up (left Timothy at G &P's to go to school) and we headed to Myrtle Beach! It was a perfect beach day! We met up with Lisa and headed to the ocean for a few hours before checking in to our hotel! Katie wasn't much in the photo mood, but I did get a few I liked!




That night after showering we went to Damon's for dinner and sat by the ocean. It was heavenly! Then we headed up north a bit to The Carolina Opry to see the show Good Vibrations If you ever have a chance to be in Myrtle Beach and love music from the 60's, 70's and 80's, this show is a MUST!!! We both had such a wonderful time!!!

On Tuesday we got up and had some breakfast, then headed to Broadway at the Beach for a little shopping and relaxing! We went in this cool store (which neither one of us had no business in...) called It's Sugar. I was fascinated by all the bulk candy but this display caught my eye the most:




Would ya look at all the purty colors!!! I LOVE M&M's, but refrained. I did manage a small baggie of Gummy Bears, my other favorite!!!
After walking around for a few hours, we decided to go see a movie before heading home. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 was just as good or better than the first!

Well, that's it for our excursion to the beach! I will leave you with a photo of a cute swan we saw:


So, now we are back into the land of reality.... school starts for Katie soon, but we have to get through a few birthdays here first!

8 comments:

Carla said...

Looks like you guys had a nice time...thats so fun......and lucky you for being about to do that......oe of these days I will have $$$$ and be able to get a hair up my you know what and surprise the kids with a mini trip. I envy you....great pictures...now when you gonna scrap the m&m one?

Katie said...

Looks like a ton of fun! So nice that you got to get away.
I love Broadway on the Beach. :)

Cathy said...

Great pictures. I want to come down next summer so bad!!!!!

La- said...

That is so great that you had the chance to go and do that! What a great memory of a mom and Daughter weekend!!

La-

Cricket said...

what a great idea you had Linda and it sure looks like you two had a blast!!! I need to do that with Mandi one of these days...just gather her up and whisk her away for a long weekend!!

smiles,

-leafa mcbirdie said...

I love the fact that you were so spontanious and got to spend some fun time with your girl (and see Loopner too, of course!) -sounds like a wonderful getaway weekend!

PS: I would have swooned to be in a room with that many M&M's... and sadly, I KNOW I wouldn't have had as much self control as you to be able to walk away with just gummy bears! ;)

Lisa said...

Love all the pictures! Katie looks like such an old fashioned movie star! It was so great that you were able to come back down again. :)

Unknown said...

love your pics lindy-loo, look s like you had so much fun...love those spur-trips!

and yea, i'm with leaf on the MMa's...i would have broken down and had to be dragged outta there while furiously shoveling them into my mouth (and prob any other orifice i could get them into, LOL!)...but YAY for gummis!